Scion Nonprofit Staffing, Inc. (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com), a full-service national staffing firm, has been engaged to conduct a search for a Director of DEI & Social Impact for our client, a well-known nonprofit organization championing social justice nationwide. This is an amazing and impactful opportunity for a senior nonprofit professional longing to serve as a resource for diversity, equity and inclusion processes, bringing expertise and fluency in these areas to our amazing client in New York City!
This unique role requires a combination of skills grounded in organizational development, strategic communications, and knowledge management, in addition to fluency and expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion concepts and practices. Ideal candidates will be natural problem-solvers in the workplace, and will be able to engage comfortably with all staff to lead by influence rather than authority.
What you’ll be doing in this exciting role:
- Working with staff across the organization to integrate an evolving agenda of diversity, equity and inclusion into all areas of the organization’s work
- Partnering with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee to co-create a diversity, equity and inclusion mission, vision, and strategy through a process of evaluation and implementation to ensure alignment with the organizational strategy
- Infusing diversity, equity and inclusion knowledge and best practices across the organization in all programming, communications, internal culture building, staff development and business operations
- Ensuring that strategic planning and support processes are implemented in a way that protects people and supports stakeholder voice, agency, inclusion, and belonging throughout the organization
- Serving as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team and advising Executive Leadership on best practices; acting as point relationship manager for internal network leads, national programs, external diversity/ equity/inclusion/justice partners and consultants
- Collaborating with the organizational Talent Development function in growing the diversity, equity and inclusion foundations of our pipeline to align with long-term capacity building and retention
- Managing cross-organizational teams working on time-limited projects (e.g. developing the integration of diversity, equity and inclusion training at staff retreats; assisting with the coordination of local office/community-driven convening’s) and other special projects as needed.
- Disseminating information regarding organizational successes and lessons through appearances and publications such as: participating in conference panel discussions and presentations, contributing to manuscripts or serving as a guest on a webinar, among other opportunities
- Coordinating with a growing team dedicated to developing, implementing, and evaluating strategies that advances the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion processes
What you can bring to the opportunity and organization:
- A very deep-rooted passion for and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, including but not limited to: race, gender and social class
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- About 8-10 years of progressive workplace experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Keen project management skills; ability to drive simultaneous, complex projects to measurable success while aligning with organizational strategy
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills coupled with the experience of managing and carrying out a strategic communications plan
- You are ALWAYS proactive, organized and value interpersonal professional relationships
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically 15% of the time on an annual basis
- Proven experience and a strong desire to build relationships, network and collaborate effectively with ethnically/ culturally/ socio-economically diverse populations and community organizations
- Success developing employees through effective coaching, facilitation, and team building initiatives
- A positive track record consisting of building coalitions and consensus among diverse groups to achieve organizational goals
- Demonstrated team management experience
- Documented effectiveness in development and implementation of strategic plans that support a bold mission
- Proficient use of quantitative and qualitative data/information to both tell a story and evaluate success with a diverse audience
- Success in attracting and sustaining philanthropic funding for national and local initiatives
Compensation & Benefits:
The ability to work for an organization with a phenomenal mission, positive team-oriented work environment and a competitive salary plus robust benefits package!
How to Apply:
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms on the West Coast. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.