Scion Nonprofit Staffing, Inc. (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com), the nonprofit staffing specialists, have been engaged to conduct a search for a Development Project Manager (Communications) for our client, a reputable nonprofit organization championing conservation here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. This exciting new role with a team of exceptional leaders and individuals is a remote long-term contract role!
The Development Project Manager is a critical member of the Advancement and Communications Department responsible for managing direct mail and email campaigns and supporting donor relations. They are responsible for managing, setting, and meeting annual fund and mid-level donor goals and supporting strategic planning across all fundraising efforts. The Development Project Manager supports the work of the Database Administrator, Events Manager, Grants Manager, Advancement Director, and Executive Director.
What you will be doing
- Manage fundraising and communications projects for Annual Fund, including donor cultivation and engagement, direct mail and email campaigns, achieving or exceeding annual revenue targets
- Writing appeal letters to culturally diverse groups of stakeholders including donors, volunteers and community partners in a manner that is welcoming and inclusive
- Researching and supporting best practices in donor centered fundraising
- Overseeing development and management of targeted recipient lists for direct mail and electronic mail campaigns
- Supporting the planning and execution of fundraising and special events – including seeking of in-kind donation of items and services and virtual event logistics
- Developing and ensuring ethical adherence to gift-related policies and procedures
- Following strict funder confidentiality and security of all funder records
- Working collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation across the organization
- Providing major gifts fundraising support to Advancement Director and Executive Director
- Supporting the database administrator with creative data management practices – including gift processing, donor data management, and reporting
- Developing and managing relationships with third-party fundraising contractors
- Prospecting Individual, corporate and foundation giving
What you have to offer
- Demonstrated prior experience in nonprofit communications and development
- Specialized computer skills in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- The ability to read, analyze, interpret and implement fundraising best practices
- Experience engaging personal and organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Keen ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effective presentation of information and response to questions from managers, stakeholders, funders, and the general public, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Strong relationship building skills and experience in donor centered fundraising
- Excellent project management skills and enthusiasm for collaboration
- Excellent writing skills, donor communications, and content editing
- Annual Fund campaign management, project timelines, budgeting and tracking
- Grant management support, corporate and foundation prospect research
- Event Support, in-kind gift development, event logistic support
We encourage candidates to share relevant professional and lived experience. We also value multilingualism and encourage candidates to share if they speak multiple languages.
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers a wonderful team atmosphere, the opportunity to lead impactful work and the opportunity to prove yourself in a long-term contract role. Being offered is competitive starting hourly rate of $30.00+ depending on expertise plus health benefits. This is a job with an amazing team that will inspire you daily!
How to Apply
About Our Firm
Scion Staffing is a top temporary staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2019, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.