Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com
) has been retained to conduct a search for an Interim Nonprofit Chief Operating Officer for our client, a global nonprofit organization that recruits data science experts to work pro bono with visionary changemakers and solve an array of humanitarian challenges! This is a very exciting role with a collaborative and passionate team on a fully remote, part time basis! The hours are flexible, and the duration of this position will likely be needed through the end of April.
The Interim Nonprofit COO will bring a customer service orientation to support the financial, human resource, legal compliance, and administrative needs of the organization. We are seeking a senior nonprofit operations expert to provide part-time, interim support to the organization’s Operations team while their COO is acting as Interim Executive Director. Our priority is to find a seasoned nonprofit leader with experience managing Finance/ Accounting and Legal polices and contracts, as well as any special projects needed to assist the team or Interim Executive Director.
The Director of Operations will assist in supporting and managing the work, with assistance from our accounting firm and pro bono legal team; however, additional support will be needed from the Interim COO in the form of coaching, creating templates, and reviewing outputs that the COO will not be able to provide.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Support workstreams previously managed by the COO including Finance/ Accounting and Legal policies and contracts.
Legal Policies and Contracts-
- Grants management practices.
- Development of multi-year financial projections.
- Development of financial model for sustainable Impact Practice strategy (restricted/unrestricted balance).
- Production of financial reporting for grants.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Support for contracts management (e.g. aspects of due diligence, creation of a guide for contract review).
- Employee Handbook revisions with pro bono legal counsel.
- Bylaws revisions with pro bono legal counsel.
- C-suite operations experience, ideally in a nonprofit or startup environment.
- The ability to work effectively from home.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office suite, and cloud-based software (ideally Google Suite and Salesforce) and comfort learning new software systems quickly.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive and anticipate needs.
This position offers competitive pay DOE, flexible remote hours, as well as health, dental, vision and other benefits! This position works on an amazing team and makes an incredible impact on people all around the world!
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/7073
to apply. Please submit your resume in word format as well as your responses to the following supplemental questions:
1. Do you currently require sponsorship, or will you require sponsorship in the future to work in the United States? *
2. What specific rate of pay are you targeting in your current search?
3. Why are you looking to transition out of your current employment situation into an opportunity like this?
4. What interests you in this position specifically?
5. How do your qualifications align with the requirements of the role? Why do you believe you will be a strong fit for this position?
* We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
*Applications that do not include responses to the supplemental questions will not be considered.
We look forward to contacting potential-match applicants.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Scion Staffing is a top temporary staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent throughout the West Coast. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2020, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.