Scion Staffing (www.scionstaffing.com) has been retained to conduct a search on behalf of our client, a nonprofit organization proving affordable housing options to residents of San Francisco for over 40 years. This nonprofit, community-based organization shelters, stabilizes and empowers thousands of the most vulnerable San Francisco residents. Our client also provides valuable resident and community services and partners with nonprofit social service organizations throughout the city to address the needs of their residents.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, this role is a pivotal senior leadership role responsible for the preparation, oversight, and completion of affordable housing projects. This individual completes applications and research of securing future sites for permanent affordable housing.
Key responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Identification of potential housing development sites and build support for their development/redevelopment.
- Supervise housing development staff.
- Conduct financial feasibility analysis and identical potential options for project financing as well as site-specific alternatives for housing and development projects.
- Identify potential rehabilitation sites and financing mechanisms within our client’s portfolio.
- Develop project programs and budgets and project analysis tools including, but not limited to, sources, and uses, operating and expense budgets and market studies.
- Oversee all project design, development and construction related work including hiring and supervision of architects, engineers, development consultants, environmental consultants, attorneys, contractors, and construction managers.
- Coordinate bid specifications and negotiation of construction contracts.
- Obtain local zoning and other regulatory approvals as required.
- Prepare funding applications and coordinate all work required to obtain project financing.
- Oversee the construction phase including managing weekly job site meeting of larger projects.
- Monitor the contractor on progress and project completion schedule, and enforce deadlines as expressed in contract documents.
- Prepare development and construction period requisitions and review construction period change orders prior to approval and sign off by the Executive Director.
- Provide documentation to state, federal and local officials required to meet regulatory guidelines.
- Oversee preparation of all legal documents in conjunction with our client’s attorneys, and coordinate with all funders and regulators and their attorneys in completing projects.
- Work with the community and specific neighborhood groups to build consensus on neighborhood housing needs.
- Assist with fundraising as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Review all development related expenditures and work to ensure a quality product completed on time and within budget.
- Either: (1) Master’s degree plus 3+ years work experience, or (2) Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Urban Studies, Business Administration, or related field
- 2+ years of management and supervisory experience desired
- Experience in 100% affordable housing development, rehab, and new construction projects in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Excellent communication and writing skills plus computer literacy required
- Ability to formulate complex financial spreadsheets
- Proficiency in Spanish desired
- A commitment to our client’s mission of community based-development, resident participation in affordable housing, and the promotion of diverse and healthy communities
This role pays a base salary of $150-155k and includes robust benefits.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply here and send your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format.
About Our Firm:
Scion Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California and nationwide.
Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.