Scion Staffing has been engaged to lead the search for a passionate Recovery Counselor (Drug & Alcohol) with a nationally established nonprofit in San Francisco, CA. This is a Direct-Hire opportunity offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to set the foundations of a long-term career within the Social Sector.
- Perform all duties according to policy and procedure and our philosophy of care.
- Provide case management services to assigned clients.
- Create a treatment plan for each client within their first 10 days that identify barriers, goals, action steps, and target dates.
- Facilitate group counseling sessions directed toward concepts of withdrawal, recovery, an alcohol and drug-free lifestyle, relapse prevention, and familiarization of related community recovery resources.
- Evaluate client progress during all phases of the program. Address barriers to program engagement and the achievement of identified goals.
- Complete and maintain required handwritten and computer-based records, files, correspondence, and statistics in a timely, clear, thorough, accurate, articulate, and legible manner.
- Compile, complete and submit required reports and information documenting services provided to participants, and data related to treatment and outcome objectives.
- Comply with The Salvation Army’s standards of care including advising on how to submit grievances, inform clients about confidentiality and the limits of confidentiality, and always be vigilant in the responsibility of being a mandated reporter to report evidence or suspicion of abuse.
- Attend and participate in scheduled case conference and case review meetings, staff meetings, and training; represent The Salvation Army Harbor Light Center in the community as needed.
- Identify, network, and refer participants to community-based services as appropriate.
- Communicate and collaborate with other Counselors, Program Director, Executive Directors, Residence Team, community partners, and service providers to provide optimal support to clients.
- Review and be ready to present the progress of each client in weekly case conferences.
- Follow and reinforce program policies, requirements, and expectations of client participation in the program.
- Associates Degree or Technical Diploma in a field related to Mental Health, Psychology, or Drug and Alcohol Treatment preferred
- Current Registration, Certification, or License recognized by the State of California Department of Health Care Services.
- Two-year experience in substance abuse counseling.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Written and Verbal command of the English language.
- First Aid and CPR certification (within first fourteen days of employment – company provided).
- Tuberculosis clearance (within first seven days of employment).
- Four years of recovery, if applicable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and various other office process applications desired.
- Ability to be professional, punctual, flexible, and reliable are imperative.
- Ability to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
- Integrity and ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task with follow-through.
Pay Rate: $23-27 / hr DOE
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in Word or Pdf format via https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/7411
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM:
Scion Staffing is a national award-winning staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.