Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to lead a search for a new Director of Services for our client, a well-known local nonprofit organization in Solano County.
The agency has over 40 years of experience in providing community-based support services for older adults with mental health and substance abuse issues to assist them in achieving their goals to improve quality of life.
The Director of Services primarily is responsible for participation in the leadership and management of the region, and the clinical and administrative operation of the region’s case management services, MHSA and other funder contracts, and for special projects as assigned. Supervises staff both directly and indirectly through intermediary supervisors. Acts as a liaison with government agencies, the community and the public relative to funding, contracts and delivery of services. Participates as a member of the regional senior management team in the development and implementation of policies and programs that will contribute to overall success.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate, in a timely manner and as necessary in consultation with the Executive Director
- Assure the ongoing excellence of the quality of care and cultural competence in assigned services and programs and assure they are provided in accordance with the principles of social rehabilitation, funder/contractual requirements and agency standards and practices
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures of the state Department of Health Care Services, the County of Solano Mental Health Department, Community Care Licensing and the organization, participating in program reviews of regulatory entities
- Develop and implement QA system for the programs and region
- Evaluate all programs and service effectiveness
- Responsible for analysis of service-related data for programs
- Act in the capacity of the Executive Director as assigned. Represent the organization, ensuring a positive and caring public image, as well as appropriate visibility, in the community
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with County mental health representatives, community partners and other related service providers, attending liaison meetings as necessary
- Participate in an evening and weekend on-call rotation to provide emergency response to program leadership
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, write funding proposals, make presentations to funding agencies, and otherwise plan for the development of new services
- Ensure that all medical record documentation of assigned services and programs is performed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all billing for assigned services and programs is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist in the development and on-going management of service and program budgets
- Helps ensure that all human resource materials from assigned services and programs, including but not limited to time sheets, absence reports, performance reviews and status change forms, are submitted to the corporate Office accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in progressive discipline of staff in assigned services and programs as necessary
- Collaborate with the Program Directors, and agency administration to assure that staff of assigned services and programs are oriented and trained according to applicable standards
- Provide supervision to interns when requested
- Attend training events as assigned or approved by the Executive Director
- Participate in the activities of professional affiliation organizations, such as the California Association of Social Rehabilitation Agencies (CASRA), as assigned
- Serve as Safety Administrator ensuring a safe, healthy and clean working environment at all times consistent with applicable laws, industry standards and the agency’s own Health & Safety Program
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Social Services, Mental Health LMFT, LCSW, LPCC Ph.D., required
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory, administrative and leadership role in a mental health service-providing agency strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of CARF accreditation process
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to implement the following evidence-based models: Psychosocial Rehabilitation, ACT Model, Full-Service Partnership, Harm Reduction, Housing First, and Motivational Interviewing is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of CCL and other state/county regulations for residential care facilities strongly preferred
- Experience with Medi-Cal documentation and billing is strongly preferred
- Prior experience developing and managing operating budgets for multiple programs is strongly preferred
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including email and Internet navigation required
- Experience with Human Service Information Systems strongly preferred. Experience managing web-based time and attendance and staff training and development system strongly preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times
- Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance, as required by Title XXII, and other licensing regulations
- A valid California driver license, reliable personal vehicle, current personal auto insurance as required by law, and an MVR sufficient to obtain and reasonably maintain insurability under agency auto liability policies are all essential job requirements
- Must be able to pass post-offer, pre-employment medical and drug tests as required under State Community Care Licensing regulations and/or agency policies
- A personal cell phone with reliable service and, if applicable, a data plan to use for business purposes
- May be required to obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
This position offers an annual salary within the $90K to $100K range (dependent on experience) and a wonderful benefits package including generous healthcare coverage, PTO, sick days, and 10 holidays. Also, the opportunity to work for an organization with a phenomenal mission and positive team-oriented work environment!
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume as a Word (.doc or .docx format) attachment via https://www.scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs/7437
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM
Scion Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment prowess has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.