Scion Nonprofit Staffing, Inc. (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com), the nonprofit staffing specialists, have been engaged to conduct a search for a Remote Development Associate for our client, a reputable nonprofit organization championing conservation here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. This exciting opportunity will be working with a team of exceptional leaders and individuals in a remote setting through the end of the summer!
The Development Associate is a critical member of the Advancement Department responsible for direct mail and email campaigns and strengthening donor relations. They are responsible for supporting strategic planning across all fundraising efforts. The Development Associate supports the work of the Database Administrator, Events Manager, Grants Manager, Advancement Director, and Executive Director.
- Work for a group of leaders who are prepared to support the training necessary to ensure you have the skills to safely and effectively accomplish the needed work!
- Flexible schedule, 30-hours per week!
- This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and further your experience in the nonprofit industry. In addition to gained experience this position works with a wonderful professional organization that provides health, dental and vision benefits after just 30 days on assignment! In additional this position also offers a 401k program after 1-year on assignment and brings strong room for professional growth!
- Employees are allowed to bring well-behaved dogs to work!
- Healthy, happy staff are an important element to our client organization and its success and they truly believe in work life balance!
What you will be doing
- Engage with culturally diverse groups of stakeholders including donors, volunteers and community partners in a manner that is welcoming and inclusive.
- Research and support best practices in donor centered fundraising.
- Oversee development and management of targeted recipient lists for direct mail and electronic mail campaigns.
- Support the planning and execution of fundraising and special events – including seeking of in-kind donation of items and services.
- Scheduling meetings, creating agenda's and taking meeting minutes.
- Follow strict funder confidentiality and security of all funder records.
What you have to offer
- Must have strong relationship building skills and experience in donor centered fundraising.
- Highly organized, with an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, with regular interruptions.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (reporting and data entry) is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills (donor communications and content editing).
- Direct mail campaign management (project timelines, budgeting and tracking).
- Grant management support (corporate and foundation prospect research).
- Event & Tour Support (in-kind gift development, event and tour logistic support).
- Excellent project management skills and enthusiasm for collaboration team members, colleagues across departments.
- Displays respectful and effective communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with employees and stakeholders, and the ability to communicate and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Experience engaging personal and institutional diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We encourage candidates to share relevant professional and lived experience. We also value multilingualism and encourage candidates to share if they speak multiple languages.
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers a wonderful team atmosphere, the opportunity to lead impactful work and the opportunity to prove yourself in a contract /contract-to-hire opportunity. Being offered is competitive starting hourly rate of $24.00 plus health, dental, and vision benefits after 30 days on assignment with 401k eligibility after 1-year. This is a 30 hour per week job with an amazing team that values work/life balance and contributes to a mission that will inspire you daily!
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume at https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/7533. We look forward to reviewing your background and discussing this exciting position further!
About Our Firm
Scion Staffing is a top temporary staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2019, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.