Scion Nonprofit has been engaged to conduct an immediate search for a Store Operations Manager on behalf of an impactful nonprofit that has a decades long commitment to AIDS/HIV advocacy. This is a very exciting direct hire, on-site role in Manhattan, NY that is ready for immediate hire!
This position with our Client requires employees to report to work at a physical location. As a cautionary measure, our Client is asking all employees to be fully vaccinated by the date of hire. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason the client will make available appropriate reasonable accommodations.
Position Summary: The Experiential Operations Manager is responsible for the consumer experience and profitability of our clients Bookstore Cafe, overseeing all operations within the store. The Operation Manager will be a part of the senior management team of Business Enterprises working closely with the VP of Retail & Marketing, the Creative Director, Operations Manager.
- Develop a marketing and operations strategy and oversee sales within the venue for private and public events, complying with brand strategy.
- Develop and oversee daily food and beverage strategy and ensure compliance to all applicable health codes/laws.
- Collaborate with retail and marketing administrative team for all leads, referrals, holds, and availability in the bookstore for events and promotional campaigns.
- Tracking and reporting on inquires that do not lead to a final sale as well as all completed contracts.
- Oversee and support all negotiations and outstanding disagreements with consumers/clients.
- Supervise operations, staff/volunteer training and development, inventory management, sales, and merchandising.
- Help to develop and report against annual financial plan, adjusting strategy as necessary to ensure plan goals are met.
- Leverage metrics and experiments to evolve the Bookstore Cafe to be more results oriented, including improving customer service scores, conversion rates, revenue and other applicable KPIs.
- Spearhead revenue generating partnerships and sponsorships which elevate the brand and bring new audiences into the space.
- High school Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience in managerial level event execution and/or sales and service within the hospitality business
Compensation & Perks:
In addition to the important impact you will make on the crisis of HIV/AIDS and homelessness, this direct-hire opportunity offers a competitive salary DOE, as well as three options of comprehensive health plans, PTO, PSL, Tuition Loan Reimbursement, and more!
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your candidacy and interest. Apply today!
About Our Search Firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully connecting thousands of talented professionals with incredible, mission-driving organizations across the country. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement, and temporary professional staffing.
Named an Inc. 5000 Top Fastest-Growing Private Company in America, we are proud to also be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firm in America, recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm, and identified as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times! Additional information about Scion Nonprofit can be found online.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.