has been engaged to conduct a search for a temporary Grant Writer
for our client, an impactful and well-known accredited music school based in Chicago, IL. This is a completely remote, part-time, 6 week contract opportunity and is ready for immediate hire
Perks and Details:
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Completely remote work environment, work from anywhere!
- Flexible work schedule determined at time of hire!
- Health benefits and paid sick leave are available while on assignment!
- Competitive hourly wage in the $38 to $43/hr range (DOE)!
- Work within an impactful organization that transforms the lives of Chicago-area youth!
- Get started immediately!
What you need to be successful:
- Provide direct grant writing support to the VP for Development & Marketing.
- Take raw information and formatting to meet funder requirements and expectations.
- Assist with the accreditation process.
- Write grant narratives utilizing data collected from the organization.
- Organize data from pulled reports to tell concise stories to funders.
- 3 plus years’ of grant writing experience is required.
- Advanced written communication in grant writing, experience writing in the arts, music, or institution space is a plus.
- Belief in the importance of inclusion, diversity, equity, and antiracism in music education.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, specifically Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively and have a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain organization and prioritize tasks.
Starting compensation includes a competitive contract pay rate in the $38 to $43/hr range (DOE) plus medical, vision, and dental benefits while on assignment. A completely remote work environment that provides you with the flexibility to work from anywhere. About 20-25 hours per week depending on grant deadlines. Our client believes in quality of life and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with true hours worked!
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your candidacy and interest. Apply Today!
About Our Firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully connecting thousands of talented professionals with incredible, mission-driving organizations across the country. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement, and temporary professional staffing.
Named an Inc. 5000 Top Fastest-Growing Private Company in America, we are proud to also be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firm in America, recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm, and identified as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times! Additional information about Scion Nonprofit can be found online.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.