Scion Nonprofit Staffing – a full-service national staffing firm – has been engaged to conduct a search for a contract Development Associate at a well-known accredited music school with a strong reputation!
This position is based in Chicago, IL, the selected candidate will work a hybrid in office and remote schedule for the time being. The position is scheduled to last 3 months.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, organized, and dynamic development professional with an entrepreneurial spirit. Passion for inclusion, diversity, equity, and anti-racism is a must!
- Help coordinate solicitation strategy sessions, prepare action and statistical reports, and develop and promote a variety of giving opportunities.
- Help write and create monthly donor e-newsletter in collaboration with the Director of Marketing.
- Work within the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to create donor reports.
- Help manage aspects of direct mail and electronic appeals.
- Ensure appropriate donor relations steps are followed in order to ensure stewardship and gift renewals.
- Support prospect research and prepare donor profiles/giving histories in collaboration with Director of Donor Engagement for major gift prospects.
- Must excel at building and maintaining relationships with volunteers and donors and tailoring communication for each audience.
- Must be able to demonstrate an effective system for staying on top of an ambitious workload.
- Strong writing skills are required to write compelling fundraising appeals and emails that convey passion for the client’s mission and encourage donors continued financial support.
- Willingness to learn new skills and support a variety of projects is required. You should be comfortable self-starting when working independently and solving problems in a team environment.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or any fundraising databases
- Experience with Constant Contact and Canva.
- Interest in socially responsible organizations and music!
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Compensation & Additional Details:
This opportunity offers a pay rate of $28-$31 hourly, depending on experience plus health, dental, and vision benefits after 30 days on assignment with 401k eligibility after 1-year. There is great potential to grow professionally while working for an organization that makes a difference.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume at www.scionstaffing.com/job/8117
About Our Firm:
Scion Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms on the West Coast. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2018 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.